NATURAL BUILDING PRACTICAL COURSE from the 10th to the 18th October
9 days of theory and muuuuch practice here at the MOUNT OF OAKS
WHAT ARE WE GOING TO LEARN AND DO ?
* Foundations with Gravel bag (“Superadobe” technique)
* French Drainage
* Strawbale walls
* “Adobe” and “Light Earth” bricks
* "Stick frame" wall
* “Cob” with glass bottles and “Cordwood”
* Clay and Lime Plasters
* Lime-wash painting with Natural Pigments
This Course will be facilitated by Barbara Leite, pioneer in this small community at the Mount of Oaks since 2006, with 7 years experience in Permaculture Design and Natural Building... with it´s mistakes and successes :-)
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM THIS COURSE?
The Course will have a bit of theory and introduction to all these different techniques and use of local and natural materials, but mostly it will be practical to really get a feel for each material and technique.
Each participant is welcome to share their own experience since Natural Building is as diverse and flexible as each human being and culture is.
Also there is no need of any previous experience as a builder, or engineer or architect.
It is a Course available to all, including children.
Let´s play with the natural elements and learn with it :-)
We expect to learn with each other and have an unique experience of life in community during these 9 days.
We will be working on several buildings on the site so that our experience can be as diverse as possible.
HOW CAN YOU REGISTER ?
The total cost will be 350€ for the 9 dias, and that has to be confirmed by a transfer of 175€ to our bank account.
We will only have 15 participants so that everyone can take the best out of it.
USE OUR CONTACT FORM ON THE SIDE-BAR .
THIS COST COVERS :
* All meals and drinks
* Camping space (tents, motor-homes, tipis, etc)
* Handouts and digital material
* Internet access during determined hours
* Possibility to charge mobile phones and laptops
* Day off on Wednesday and, weather dependent, a trip with picnic on the local dam.
WHAT SHOULD YOU BRING ?
* tent or whatever housing you choose :-)
* towel and daily care stuff. We request natural products as all waste stays in our land. We do have natural soaps and maybe toothpaste to sell.
* a flashlight (head-lamps are very useful)
* a mug (just in case we don´t have enough)
* we do have plates, knives and forks, but it´s up to each one to bring their own.
* sleeping bag and mat to sleep ...
* Notebook if you want, pencil and colour pens. We will have white A4´s, but if you want bring your own.
* Working clothes, a hat and gloves.
* Swiming gear if you want to swim in our small lake (it´s quite low this year, but still cool )
* If you play any instrument, do bring it for the evening chill out
* We have a 12v solar panel system, so if you bring one of those car chargers it´s much easier
* Joy, Love, Open heart, smiles, your own experience, etc...
WHAT DOES THE MOUNT OF OAKS PROVIDE ?
* Camping Area
* Compost toilets
* Spring Water and delicious vegetarian food...
PLEASE INFORM US IF YOU HAVE ANY RESTRICTION OR ALLERGY ...
* Bathroom with hot showers (solar water heater) and a bathtub warmed by fire :-)...
* A small lake to swim and a paddling pool to refresh in hot days
* Silent and contemplation spaces
* Fireplaces and wood for the evenings.
* Our lovely animals entertainment - our donkey, chikens, 5 cats and 2 dogs, all inoffensive (our donkey, Xico, does cart rides depending on his availability :-) )
* Peace and Tranquility
Well, I think I shared enough information...
IF YOU STILL WANT MORE AND TO REGISTER, PLEASE GET IN TOUCH THROUGH OUR CONTACT FORM ON THE SIDE-BAR.
Check for DIRECTIONS and the WEATHER on the SIDEBAR links before you pack. (even if the days are hot, the evening may require a little something on)
O.K, Don´t forget to share with your contacts and with whom might be interested.
Thank you !!!
Bem haja !!!